Monday-Friday 9am-4pm | Wednesdays 9am-6pmCustomers will be asked to remain in their vehicles. Please place materials to be recycled where the attendant can easily reach them. FOR DEARBORN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
The following items are accepted FREE OF CHARGE
- Batteries Non-Alkaline, Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), Nickel Cadmium (Ni-CD), Lithium Ion (Li-Ion), Lead Acid (Pb)
- Cooking Oil
- Electronics Computers, monitors, phones, small kitchen appliances etc. Most cables and cords are accepted. Coaxial cables are NOT accepted.
- Fire Extinguishers / Smoke Alarms / Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Hardcover Books
- Mercury Products Fluorescent bulbs, thermometers etc.
- Metal Various items, scrap, etc. A magnet must stick to the metal to be accepted.
- Motor Oil and Oil Filters
The following items are accepted WITH PAYMENT OF FEES
- Televisions $15 each
- Appliances $10 each (Contain or have contained Freon)
- Tires (price per tire)
$1 passenger off rim
$2 passenger on rim
$8 super single
$30 skidloader tracks (each - $60 per set)
Fees may be paid in cash or with a check made out to Dearborn County Recycling Center.
Businesses may use the drive thru service.Download business fees
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste, or HHW, is any unusable or unwanted product found in your
shed or barn that can be hazardous to plants, animals, humans or the environment
if it is not disposed of correctly. Virtually all households have hazardous substances.
Every year injuries, death, and environmental damages occur that could have been
prevented by properly storing and disposing of household products.
To learn more about HHW, click here.
Garden and Workshop
- Pesticides Herbicides
- Weed sprays
- Bug sprays
- Rodent poisons
- Oil-based paint/stain/varnish
- Thinners & strippers
- Water repellants
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks (camping varieties)
Garage & Auto
- Motor oil, filters and antifreeze
- Brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant
- Wax, polish, & cleaner
- Car paint & solvents
- Oil-based paints, spray paints, stains, laquers
- Propane cylinders (BBQ size or smaller)
- Mercury switches
- Grease & degreasers
- Grout & caulk
- Gasoline & kerosene (containers will not be returned)
Kitchen and Bath
- Liquid cleaners
- Upholstery cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Furniture polish
- Drain cleaners
- Tub & tile cleaners
Personal care and Miscellaneous
- Mercury thermometers
- Hair dyes
- Perm chemicals
- Hair spray (aerosol)
- Nail polish
This service is offered for confidential documents such as tax forms, medical records, and financial statements.
It is not intended for such items as magazines or junk mail.
Shredding is FREE for county residents. A $5 per file box fee will be charged to county businesses.
Files can be brought to the Drive-Thru for shredding during normal Drive-Thru hours.
Please remove paper clips, binder clips, rubberbands, folders and spiral binding.
Other Special Collections
These items can be dropped off in the Drive-Thru during normal business hours.
Click on an item below for more information about acceptable items.